Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Stop Cool"

Sonja Ahlers
www.makeitawesome.com
I discovered this brilliant artist back in high school and I have been singing her praises ever since. She has the ability to neatly capture everything you have ever felt onto a single page. I can't even begin to explain what it is that she does but I've posted a few images from her website as well as some scans I made from her book Fatal Distraction. If you're interested in more about her here is a great article you can read.








This last image has always spoken to me more strongly than any others. It's like being able to see your experience on paper, and no matter how painful, discovering that there is beauty there.

4 comments:

Noemi Sunshine Ferst said...

These are lovely.
xx.

Mcmaris said...

Wow,so true what you said. Very capturing. Love this!

Sunflower said...

Wow!
Very powerful artworks.
She definently has the power to capture raw emotion.
The last one is so realistic, it's like she is capturing exactly what you have felt.
Love your blog! :)

hannah said...

gorgeous stuff.