Thursday, January 15, 2009

RAW

So, I mentioned in a previous post that I am trying out the Raw Vegan diet, and by diet i don't mean diet-ing i mean...the food you eat aka everyone has a diet. I think I'll make one big post about it this weekend but all in all I'm really excited so far. Today is day 9 of eating close to 100% raw and I lost 4 lbs the first week (added bonus)!

I've had to do a lot of guess and test experimenting. I bought a blender last Monday so I can start making green smoothies, but unfortunately this has involved a lot of food going to waste.

For example, last night i turned this beautiful assortment of veggies...
into this...
HARHAR that definitely went down the toilet! maybe this blender thing isn't such a good idea...

5 comments:

sita186 said...

wow, i've always wanted to try the raw food diet, seems like it'd be expensive though! i look forward to reading more posts about it! good luck

andrea said...

i love your blog

frenchie jane said...

my mum's mum has been on the diet for around ten years now I think and it's really working for her - she has really glossy and thick hair and is just generally in good shape!
haha, the blender bit made me laugh though!
xo

M. said...

I get your point, the blender didn't actually make it easy on the eyes:P

Can't wait for your post about the whole thing, I think it's great that you're taking care of your body by eating healthy. Maybe I can get some inspiration? Even though I'm not vegan but vegetarian.

Good luck with it sweetie.

xx

misha said...

ive been on a really good healthy & raw food thing... if you're still into this then you HAVE to try this vegan, raw "cheesecake"- made entirely of nuts, its TOO good but you do have to get past the annoying girls that made this video:
https://thebodydeli.com/video-gallery/113-videos-sexy-bitches-like-it-raw-cheesecake-part-1